KEEN SPIFF Promotion Rules
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION
- PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW) WHO ARE EMPLOYED AS SALESPEOPLE AT PARTICIPATING RETAIL STORES OF AN AUTHORIZED KEEN DEALER ("RETAILER"). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND KEEN, INC. ("KEEN") AND RETAILER RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. KEEN AND RETAILER SHALL HEREINAFTER BE REFERRED TO TOGETHER AS "SPONSORS." To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsors in the manner and format designated below. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- How to Enter. To enter, you must sell a pair of KEEN adult shoes during the Promotion Period (as defined below) at a participating Retailer. You will receive $5 for each pair of KEEN adult shoes sold during the Promotion Period, paid out at the end of the Promotion Period. Limit one $5 spiff payout per person per pair of KEEN adult shoes sold.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion Period begins on October 1, 2023 and ends on October 31, 2023. In all cases, the Promotion shall begin at the open of store business hours on the start date, and end at the close of store business hours on the end date (“the Promotion Period").
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received and participating Retailers. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded in Sponsors' discretion. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Promotion Rules. KEEN will work with Retailers to determine the top salesperson for each participating retailer, as determined by the number of pairs of KEEN adult shoes sold during the Promotion Period (each a “Top Seller”). Top Sellers will all be entered into a drawing at the end of the Promotion Period. There are four (4) prize packages to be won by Top Sellers. Each Top Seller prize package consists of one Visa gift card valued at $350 and one pair of KEEN shoes. Additionally, each Retailer location will be entered into a drawing at the end of the Promotion Period. There are four (4) prize packages to be won by Retailers. Each Retailer prize package consists of one Visa gift card valued at $500 to be used for a team event at Retailer’s discretion and free KEEN shoe cards for each participating staff member at the winning Retailer.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsors and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSORS OR ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, INSTALLATION OF ANY PRIZE, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF SPONSORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Selection of Prize. Actual model, color, accessories, and features of the KEEN adult shoes awarded shall be selected by KEEN in its sole discretion and may vary from photos used in print, in-store advertising, and in electronic and web banner advertising.
- Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winners' name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsors a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsors in their sole discretion.
Copyright Notice. KEEN is a trademark of KEEN, Inc.. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2023 by KEEN, Inc.. All rights reserved.
- Governing Law; Arbitration. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES INDIVIDUALLY AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or related to the Promotion or these Official Rules and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be determined by arbitration. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, neither you nor any Sponsor is required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents. The state or federal courts in Multnomah County, Oregon, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit not subject to arbitration. You and each applicable Sponsor will (a) notify each other of any dispute within 30 days of when it arises and (b) attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration. Arbitration will be administered by JAMS (or its successor) pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures, and conducted by a single arbitrator in Multnomah County, Oregon, unless the arbitrator determines differently. Except as expressly provided herein, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court. The parties will implement the JAMS Optional Arbitration Appeal Procedure with respect to any final award. The Promotion and these Official Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in court, you and Sponsors will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. KEEN reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsors' control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or any Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to any Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in such Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
Sponsors: KEEN, Inc., 515 NW 13th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209, and each participating Retailer.