We Stand Against Racism
17 years ago, we created KEEN to inspire people to live with no ceiling. All people.
We have made earnest efforts, but we acknowledge that we are a business in a predominantly white industry with predominantly white employees. We need to do more to create an environment that invites diversity and inclusion in our company. We are committed to fostering a creative and diverse team that more closely reflects the places where we work and play.
The Against Plan is our pledge to stand against systemic racism. A plan to make ourselves, our company, the outdoors, and trades more just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Our commitments stated here are just the start.
• We will ensure that our hiring process is fair, free of bias, and equitable.
• All hiring managers will be required to complete recruiting and interview training.
• We are committed to increasing diversity in our workforce to 50% by 2030, that is inclusive of gender, disability, sexual orientation, and people of color.
• All employees will complete training on topics of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as well as Implicit Bias.
• In honor of Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, we have chosen to dedicate Friday, June 18th to JEDI enrichment, learning, and community service.
• We will continue to invest in our JEDI culture by enhancing our enrichment programs and employee resource groups with budget and support.
• We will amplify our partners’ voices and stories through our media channels.
• We have increased our funding for KEEN Effect Grants, supporting BIPOC and underserved communities.
• We are defining our company governance to ensure we meet our standards around our products, stories, and relationships.
We have committed to listening, creating a plan, and continuing to build together. We will continue to lead with our values in ways that we hope will make you proud.