Foot Measuring Tips/Size FAQs
How should I measure my foot?
Did you know that your foot size can change as an adult? We recommend measuring your feet every year. All you need is a piece of paper, ruler, and pencil. Here we go:
1. Place a blank 8.5 x 11" piece of paper on the floor with the shorter edge touching a wall.
2. Stand on the paper with your heel slightly touching the wall.
3. Мark the end of the longest toe on the paper (you might need help so you can make an accurate straight down mark, at the tip of the toe.
4. Do the same for the other foot.
5. Measure from the wall (or edge of the paper) to the mark in centimeters.
6. Take the larger of the two measurements and match it up on our size chart to find your shoe size.
7. Enjoy that just-right fit feeling!
Foot measuring tips:
- Measure with your preferred (average) sock on. If you plan on wearing a below or above average thick sock, please take that into considerations when purchasing the shoe or boot.
- Since feet always swell during the day, it is a good idea to measure and try shoes on later in the day, when your feet are at their largest.
- Feet typically get bigger with age. Try to measure your feet every year.
Can you explain the Japan/CM sizing vs centimeter sizing when looking at the KEEN size chart?
CM is the size used in Japan. To measure your foot, you should measure in centimeters and refer to the heel-to-toe size in centimeters and cross reference your size for your region.
What size shoe should I buy?
After you have measured your foot, here are some tips for finding the right fit:
- Your left and right feet may differ in length or width. Be sure to measure and try shoes on both feet, and always buy shoes to fit your larger foot.
- If your feet seem between sizes, and you cannot decide which size to select, we suggest choosing the larger size. You can adjust for a more personal fit with socks, insoles, or a different lacing pattern.
Note: Because the foot is three-dimensional, any two-dimensional measuring tool, such as a ruler or Brannock device®, can only approximate your shoe size. Manufacturers use different lasts to construct their shoes, and sizing may vary accordingly.
For best results, visit your local KEEN Garage or Retailer to get measured and try on the footwear.
Do KEEN shoes come in wide widths?
KEEN is known for its generous fit with room for your toes. This Original Fit can be found in the Newport, Targhee II, Austin, and Presidio. We also have select styles like the Terradora and Venture that offer a Contoured Fit that's more true to a traditional regular width.
Men's Wide Width Hikers
We also offer wide width options for men in our classic hikers, found here: Men's Wide Hikers
Men's Wide Hikers
Men's Wide Width Work Boots and Shoes
The majority of our men’s work boots and shoes are also offered in wide widths, and can be found here: Men's Work Boots and Shoes
Women's Wide Width Work Boots and Shoes
We’re a bit limited on women’s wide styles, but those that are available can be found here:
Women's Work Boots and Shoes
Fun fact! A men’s size will fit as a women’s wide, if you’re looking for a bit of extra width. Women’s sizing starts to overlap with men’s at a women’s size 8.5, which is comparable to a men’s 7.
Men's regular - D (standard width)
Men's wide - EE
Women's regular - B (standard width)
Women's wide – D
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or call at 1-866-676-5336 if you have any fit questions or concerns!
How does sizing work for KEEN Kids shoes?
Our kids' sizing is broken down into four categories:
Baby - Sizes U.S. 6M-24M
Toddler - Sizes U.S. 4-7
Little Kids - Sizes U.S. 8-13
Big Kids - Sizes U.S. 1-6
After big kids size U.S. 6, the next size up is U.S. men's size 7.
If you are unsure about your child's shoe size, we have some sizing tips here:
Why does KEEN sizing differ from other brands' sizing?
There is no footwear industry standard for shoe size. At KEEN, we list shoe sizes in centimeters so you can easily compare sizing with other brands.
Where can I find the size guide chart for Keen Footwear?
Our size chart is linked on every product page above the size list. You can also find it through the link below.