WE STAND AGAINST RACISM
Updated June 3, 2021
17 years ago, we created KEEN to inspire people to live with no ceiling. All people.
KEEN has created a task force and company plan that drives our pledge to stand against systemic racism. A plan to make ourselves, our company, the outdoors, and trades more just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
We are committed to fostering a creative and diverse team that more closely reflects the places where we work and play. Our commitments stated here are just the start.
Eliminate bias and support diversity at KEEN.
• We will ensure that our hiring process is fair, free of bias, and equitable.
• All hiring managers will be required to complete recruiting and interview training.
• We are committed to increasing diversity in our workforce to 50% by 2030 — that is inclusive of gender, disability, sexual orientation, and people of colour. This includes goals of 20% BIPOC directors and above, and 50% women directors and above.
Create a work environment that is inclusive to people of all colours, orientation, and ability through enhanced education, enrichment rituals, and employee support.
• We will be creating a Global Census to gather data and learn from our employees across the world on how we can better support all and create more intentional inclusivity at KEEN.
• All employees will complete training on topics of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, as well as Implicit Bias.
• In honour of Juneteenth, also known as Freedom Day, we have chosen to dedicate Friday, June 18th as a day of observance and celebration.
• We will continue to invest in our JEDI culture by enhancing our enrichment programs and employee resource groups with budget and support.
• All full-time employees are provided 40 hours of annual paid community service time. 25% of community service hours will support social justice programs by 2025.
Work with partners who are actively making the outside more diverse, and ensure that our communication reflects the diverse world we live in.
• We will amplify our partners’ voices and stories through our media channels.
• We have increased our funding, as well as the number, of KEEN Effect Grants supporting BIPOC and underserved communities. 35% of our Grant Partners will be BIPOC-led organisations by 2025.
• We are defining our company governance to ensure we meet our standards around our products, stories, and relationships.
We have committed to listening, creating a plan, and continuing to build together. We will continue to lead with our values in ways that we hope will make you proud.