WE GUARANTEE EACH AND EVERY KEEN PRODUCT THAT WE MAKE
KEEN is committed to ensuring that our products are free from manufacturing and material defects for one full year from the day you buy it.
KEEN Europe Limited Warranty Terms & Conditions
We stand behind all KEEN products and guarantee them to be free from workmanship and material defects for twelve (12) months from the original date of purchase. We recommend you retain your sales receipt as verification of your purchaseThe following are some general guidelines about the KEEN Europe limited warranty:
- For warranty claims for KEEN products purchased from an authorised KEEN reseller or dealer in Europe, please contact the reseller or dealer directly regarding your claim.
- This limited warranty program is for use by the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable.
- KEEN is not responsible for any cost or damages incurred due to your loss of use of a product.
- You should maintain possession of your KEEN product until you receive an email confirmation from KEEN that your warranty claim is complete.
- If your claim is approved you will receive a product voucher for the original purchase price for use on www.keenfootwear.com or a replacement product at the discretion of KEEN. The product voucher must be used in a single order, any unspent credit will be lost. A product voucher may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
- Products acquired from KEEN in satisfaction of a warranty claim will be covered under this limited warranty for the remainder of the original twelve (12) month warranty period as measured from the date of purchase of the original product. The warranty period does not restart.
- The limited warranty coverage for your defective product terminates upon resolution of your warranty claim.
- All KEEN warranty decisions are final.
- This limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
- Frayed or worn webbing, stitching and outsole wear due to normal use.
- Damage that is the result of misuse, improper use, neglect, modification, normal wear and tear, or improper storage.
- Broken or damaged laces and lace retention devices.
- KEEN branded products, including salesperson samples, acquired from aftermarket sources, such as online third-party marketplaces, liquidators, consignment stores, and private sellers.
- Improper fit and comfort issues. Assessing proper fit and comfort of footwear is the responsibility of the buyer prior to purchase.
- Products with internal labeling removed.
- Items acquired from KEEN Footwear to satisfy previous warranty claims