Education is key to improving unhealthy workplace habits. June is National Employee Wellness Month. We challenge you to share the Instant Recess Toolkit . Tell your boss, coworkers or friends about why Recess is an essential part of your day.
Healthcare cost are rising. This is a reality for all employers, from small businesses to large corporations. Wellness programs are a proven strategy to slow the escalating costs of healthcare.
Recess Works: Employees Benefit from Wellness Programs
- 69% of employees report improved activity levels
- 64% of employees report feeling healthier and happier
- 50% of employees report weight loss or improved BMI levels
- 17% of employees report paying lower healthcare premiums due to participation in wellness initiatives
- 11% of employees report lessened reliance on medications to control existing conditions
- More than 76% of employers report healthcare cost increases (some as much as 10% or more)
- Nearly 90% of employers now rely on employee health and wellness programs as a strategy to slow rising costs
- Approximately 75% of employers offer some form of incentives with their wellness initiatives
Source: Virgin Health Miles, 2011 National Employee Wellness Month, Employee/Employer Survey, Summary of Findings: http://us.virginhealthmiles.com/resources/Documents/2011_NEWM_Survey_Summary.pdf