Screen Free Week is next week, April 30th – May 6th, and we’re challenging you to step away from your monitor, put down your smart phone, unplug your laptop and PLAY. Taking recess breaks everyday is important, but next week make recess a lifestyle change. For children (and adults!) too much screen time can lead to unhealthy nutritional choices, obesity and behavioral issues. Not only does recess benefit our mental and physical health, but when we stop relying on our screens for entertainment, we become creative. Play facilitates learning, stimulates our minds, and develops a sense of community.
Here at KEEN we absolutely benefit from the recess lifestyle. After a morning recess session, we have smiles on our faces and are ready to tackle the day with enthusiasm and confidence. As helpful and convenient our favorite devices can be, it’s important to unplug and choose to engage in what’s right in front of us.
Remember, the KEEN playground is anywhere without a ceiling.
- Workplace Wellness Week + Walk to Work Day
- ‘Get In Our Duds’ wardrobe contest! Week 2
- KEEN and Mountain Khakis ‘Get In Our Duds’ wardrobe contest (Week 3). Win new fall duds for your and a friend!
- Win a Day of Recess for Your Office from Playworks!
- Shellrock Featured in ‘The Week’ Magazine