Another week, another Backyard Collective… this time right in our own backyard: Portland! More than 235 employees from eight Conservation Alliance member companies — Columbia Sportswear; KEEN; Nau; Horny Toad/Lizard Lounge; The North Face; REI; Under Solen Media; and Ben Moon Photography — participated in trail restoration, invasive weed removal, and other projects in Forest Park, Sellwood Park, and along Johnson Creek.
In fact, that made the Portland 2010 Backyard Collective the biggest one yet! Columbia loaded three huge busses with 200 employees!
With over 235 employees showing up, that means we logged over 840 volunteer hours.. you can imagine how much ivy that equals! We also had a lively “environmental fair” that provided several of our grantee conservation organizations the opportunity to share information about their work with everyone that came out.
Text, pictures and video provided by Under Solen
- Boulder Backyard Collective- A Complete Success!
- KEEN Employee Service Day
- Best Year Ever! Conservation Alliance Victories: 10.5 Million Acres of Land and 1000 Miles of Rivers Protected.
- Fundraiser for the Conservation Alliance
- Intl. Park(ing Day) 2009 – Forest Park in the City?