Cody talking about the vision of Harper’s Playground.
What an amazing story! Harper’s Playground will create an inclusive playground in Portland, Oregon.
Inclusive playgrounds put children of all abilities in the middle of the fun by building upon the foundation and requirements of the American with Disabilities Act.
What is an Inclusive Playground?
- Ramped wheelchair access to the highest platform center
- Universally accessible pathways and surfacing
- Activity transfers that maximize accessibility
- Play structures that support child development
- Swings and equipment with back support
- Elevated sand tables and activity panels
- Activities for the hearing and visually impaired
- Children and adults born with developmental delays.
- Children and adults who experience injury or other non-birth related developmental delay.
- Anyone who utilizes mobility device; i.e soldiers and seniors.
- Able bodied folks who want to play with their family, friends or neighbors with different levels of ability.